Breathtaking fusion of cutting-edge watchmaking expertise and slightly retro spirit, the Magma Bronze is the perfect blend of tradition and technology.
In the past, a bronze case was a feature of military diving watches. Now, for the first time, carbon-fibre inserts bring a futurist touch to the timepiece bezel, through a unique and highly-specialized operation using a 50-ton press to ensure a perfect cut of each insert, which are later fitted by hand into each bezel.
– Limited Edition series of 1482 individually-numbered total units / 494 units per model
Magma of Respect
Each timepiece in the Magma Collection carries a special screwed-on sidebar of immeasurable value, cast with the honorary tribute “Magma of Respect”.
Each bar was exclusively produced from alloy obtained by the simultaneous fusion of five distinguished top-of-the-line Swiss watches.
This potent homage, legally notarized under witness, brings a small but very special piece of time to your timepiece, a fragment of Swiss watchmaking history. Quite literally.
The assembly is fully performed by a qualified watchmaker on each individual timepiece, as required by established state-of-the-art watchmaking regulations. The expert’s highest artisanal skill is called upon, without the involvement of industrial production lines. Each watch is genuinely made by hand, in Switzerland.
- Design: Yvan Arpa
- Materials: Bronze, carbon fibre, calfskin leather
- Case/dimensions: Bronze, 42mm diameter, 10.7mm depth. Case-back in bronze-coloured hypo-allergenic stainless steel.
- Water resistance: Up to a pressure of 5 bar, or 50m
- Specificites: Carbon-fibre inserts in bezel, toothed crown with quick date-reset, embossed Q&A logo, screwed-on case sidebar with embossed “Magma of Respect” mention
- Crystal: Convex sapphire crystal with antireflective treatment
- Dial/indices: Black carbon-fibre dial with appliquéd rhodinized-steel indices and outer railway motif, Q&A logo at 12 o’clock, “Swiss Made” and “Chronometer officially certified” at 6 o’clock and date window at 3 o’clock
- Hands: Faceted and rhodinized dauphine-type HMS hands, easy to read and highly elegant.
- Movement: Fully Swiss Made automatic movement, 11 ½, 25.60mm diameter, 3.60mm thickness, with COSC certification number. Rhodinized and Geneva-striped (Côtes de Genève) automatic winder engraved with Q&A logo. Rhodinized and pearled bridges, rhodinized bottom plate, snailed undercut, nickelled main plate, ratchet and going barrel, gold-coloured Glucydur bronze balance wheel and polished round-head screws throughout.
- Strap/buckle: Finest, extremely supple and unblemished Havana-brown calfskin leather with croco finish, processed mostly by hand to ensure premium quality. Underside in sweat-resistant Nappa calfskin, with embossed Q&A logo and mention “hand made”. Pin-clasp buckle with finely-worked pin design and contoured clasp. Q&A logo on tongue.
Bronze oxidizes and will progressively change colour, through touch or contact with body chemistry. This change is absolutely normal and adds character and personalization to this noble alloy. To prevent any allergic reaction, the case-back is actually stainless steel with a bronze-coloured finish.